For many businesses that are just starting out, whether or not to build a website or simply use social media is a common debate.
The Benefits Using Social Media to Market Your Business
Not only is social media free but there are millions of customers using it every day. Here are some of the reasons why social media is a good option for small businesses:
- SEO-friendly. Social media platforms are already favoured by search engines so there’s a good chance that your social media pages will show up in search results.
- No need to have technical expertise. Social media platforms such as Facebook and Instagram have made it very easy for users to setup accounts for their businesses.
- Added marketing tools. Most social media platforms have additional features that allow you to build an email list, sell products and market your brand. Social media analytics also let you track your performance online.
Building a Website to Market Your Business
Below are a few of the reasons why a website is a good option for marketing your small business:
- You have control. By building your own website, you have more control over your online presence, making it a sound investment.
- Great tools available. Even though you will need to select a website host and purchase a domain, building a website doesn’t have to cost a fortune. There are several great tools available that make building a website easy but Azuri Group, digital marketing agency for plastic surgeons, does recommend using a professional to assist you with the process if you want to create a website that you can be proud of.
- Optimise away. When you have your own website, you can really delve into search engine optimisation in order to make sure that your brand is as visible as possible across the web. Again, you may need the assistance of a professional but it is certainly a worthwhile, long-term investment.
Social Media vs. a Website
While social media certainly has its perks, you will always be at the mercy of those platforms and will never be able to truly expand your online reach using a range of different online marketing tactics.
Social media algorithms are also constantly being updated, which could impact your brand negatively and diminish your online reach.
All-in-all, it’s best to build a basic website that you own and which you can expand later on than to solely rely on social media.